Wednesday 8 June 2011

The biker dialogue

I was on a bike (aka okada) when the chap ran a red light during mid-day Lagos traffic. I was in a talking mood so I launched into giving the biker a good education on obeying the traffic light. 'Disobeying the traffic lights could lead to an accident with cars from the opposite direction' I explained. 'Don't pray for an accident on me' retorted the biker.

It seems my education had touched a raw nerve. He did not want to hear that his actions could cause an accident because it meant he would have an accident.

How foolish we sometimes act, we make the wrong choice and don't want to be told the repercussions.

Fortunately we did not have any accident but I hope he doesn't repeat the action again. Something tells he might still run the red light again.

No comments: